Monday, October 1, 2007

Chicago Pita
Caesar Salad

Margaret: Sometimes I just have to wonder why its so hard for people to serve good food with a smile. When we walked up to Chicago Pita today they were full of smiles, there's some convention at the Mart today and it was packed. But the Pita people smiled and recognized us, wondered why we weren't getting our regular order and made sure to smile over someone's pretty new ring. The salad was good. It's weird to get a Cesar salad without chicken or anything, but it was still really good. Fresh lettuce and tons of cheese took the place of the chicken and its huge still, even without much on it, it was still big and delicious, much like myself. I give it a B+, perfectly good salad, but the plus is for the smiles and the freshness of their food. You know what? Add another plus, B++ for the chickenless Caesar.

John: To borrow from Full Metal Jacket, today's salad is "too bookoo". Good through and though - just a little big for me. I would rather see this reduced in size and price to a SIDE CAESAR. As always the staff at C.P. was awesome. Today there is some sort of bridal show in the mart - so its full of tourist types. While everyone else got their order called out by number, ours came out as "Margaret and John your lunch is ready!" Suck on that hot bridal models from Iowa who were crowding the straw dispenser. Not to copy my lady but B++++++++

5 comments:

Reese said...

As much as I enjoy reading about all the salads . . . and, you know, not to get all personal or anything, but what pretty new ring??

Salad Daze said...

Is this Carissa Carissa? VEGAS Carissa?

Well it might just be that two of your favorite salad bloggers in the WHOLE world are going to be...ahem...chained for life.

I mean, married.

Salads forever.

Reese said...

I've never been called Vegas Carissa before . . . but it's a good name, I could adopt it. :) On the other hand, my very own new husband might be offended since I chose NOT to adopt his last name.

In any case, congratulations!! And thanks for the pic, although I think it proves "pretty" is an understatement. ;-)

Reese said...

I've never been called Vegas Carissa before . . . but it's a good name, I could adopt it. :) On the other hand, my very own new husband might be offended since I chose NOT to adopt his last name.

In any case, congratulations!! And thanks for the pic, although I think it proves "pretty" is an understatement. ;-)

Salad Daze said...

Ok! Well, I love the name vegas carissa, so I think you should keep it!

However, please do not be fooled by pics of rings, that is not my hand nor my ring. Mines prettier....

MUCH prettier. But thank you, and glad you're liking the salad blog! There's still so much further to go...