Thursday, May 31, 2007

Potbelly's
Chicken Salad Salad


Margaret: Well yee-haw Grandma! This was delicious. Just delicious. They have the best chicken salad at Potbelly's. Since I like my little salad sammitches so much, I would gather a huge amount of chicken salad and pair it with a tasty crouton and BOOM! Delish. The salad part is good too, fresh cukes, big chunks of provolone cheese, little cherry tomatoes, crisp lettuce, and oddly enough, cranberries. And if you swing it right, and mix in all the chicken salad with the rest of the salad salad, you really don't even need salad dressing. I was hungry and this salad rules. I'm giving it an A. It would be an A+, but I honestly believe that no fruit should touch meat, so it loses its plus for the cranberries. But for the size, money and quality, this is BY FAR, my favorite salad so far. Thank you Mr. Potbelly! A.

John: YUM! I was worried about this one. I'm not a fan of Potbelly's. Something about the bread doesn't work for me. Or maybe its because I made it to a second interview at their headquarters (in the very same merch mart) a couple years ago and didn't get the job. Luckily this isn't our sandwich blog - barberastreisandwich.blogspot.com. Also this is the first time I've been able to choose my own (1000 island) dressing. Everything was great. I even liked the cukes. I really liked the craisins. AND I figured out why - they feel like cheese when you bite down on them. That kind middle texture in a salad that lets you know a bite of something special is coming. You may notice this is the first salad to be served in a container that wasn't black or clear. I don't know why that matters. A.

No comments: