Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chicago Pita
Greek Salad w Gyro Meat


Margaret: You know, when a girl is hungry, and is working off massive amounts of detoxification from her weekend in New Orleans, it was nice to see some salad with some meat on it! I agree with John, hot meat and salad is gross, but this was definitely better than the Great Steak hot meat salad. The gyros meat is delicious. There were lots of fresh veggies (green peppers, cukes, tomatoes, onions and feta cheese, which I delicately picked out)and the lettuce was cold and crisp. Also, they give you two little pieces of pita bread and I made two little gyros sammitches, I love little salad surprises like that. I thought the salad dressing didn't really go, a vinagrette with gyros meat? I think it should have been a nice cucumber-ranchy one, that almost would have tied in the meat with the lettuce. It was a big salad too, I didn't finish it even! B

John: Hot meat and salad! Why why why? The concept always throws me. Am I supposed to eat the meat off the top or just mix it all up? I don't know. I'll tell you this. I love Chicago Pita for their gyro. Ipso Fatso - I should love the Gyro Greek salad. And I do. This was a really big - fresh - filling - awesome salad. I ate it down to the empty box and sucked the rind of the Pepperacini. Thats a good sign. If Gyro and Feta are your "jam" then this salad is for you. B

No comments: