Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pazzini's
Tuscan Garden Salad

John: Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, salami, mozzarella cheese, pepperacini, red onions and sweet peppers on romaine for like $6.50. This one was WAY better than the last Pazzini salad. I think not using the bland house dressing helped. I choose the Bleu Cheese dressing and it was a bit much. I think with Caesar dressing this salad would be amazing. Still it was pretty darn good - who knew I liked Salami in a salad so much? I'm still not blown away by this place but this salad was "not bad" from first bite to last. I'm going B on this one.

Margaret: You know, the last salad we got from Pazzini's was foul. Really bad chicken, bad salad, bad bread. But this was definitely an improvement. At first I was really excited about the salami, but as I went on, the salami kind of lost its...vigor. It became a little more stringy and it was all bunched up together. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not really a vegetarian, because as I get older, meat tends to be a little more unattractive to me. Except for cheeseburgers, but I digress. I LOVE the red peppers, those were good and the bread was nice and soft this time around. And I got to have mine with Ranch, which changes everything. The only thing I suggest is, if you're very "lady" about your salad dressing, which I am, ask for it on the side. Although they mixed it in pretty well, it was still too much dressing. But overall, I'm happy with this salad. I'm giving it a B. I would have gone with a B- for the semi-stringy salami, but this is such an improvement from the last one, it gets a B.

No comments: