Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Arby's
Market Fresh Santa Fe

John: Great southwestern flavors. I just didn't like the way it felt in my mouth. The chicken and the tortilla strips were so crunchy/hard that everything else was just sort of floating around while I chewed. So it was like a salad - just not a salad. I can chalk the difficulties up to the chick strips being a little overdone so lets say C+ on this one.

Margaret: Okay, a week or so ago, John and I went to get salads. It was a Friday. We were tired and ready to be done with the week. We were up for Potbellys, but I forgot the camera and John said "Eff it, lets just go to McDonalds and get cheeseburgers". Well, me being who I am, did not need to be asked twice. So...I got a Quarter Pounder and fries. I felt awful later. I swear this is a sign of growing up. I felt disgusting. Tired, totally burnt. Couldn't run, couldn't do anything. I promised myself I would never do that again. Having this salad from Arbys is pretty close to doing that again. It's really...heavy. The chicken fingers are always good, but then add the tortilla strips, the ranch dressing, corn and beans, it all just felt like I had eaten a Big Mac. It was good, don't get me wrong, but checking the nutritional value-this "salad" is a whopping 477 calories. That's without the tortilla strips, which are 70, and without dressing, which is 112. That's almost the same amount of calories as my McDonalds meal. If I'm going to eat that many calories at lunch, and do myself in like that, I'll have the real deal and shove a Whopper in my face. This salad gets a C. Just for being annoying.

No comments: