Monday, May 21, 2007

McDonalds
Southwest Chicken Salad (Grilled)


Margaret: Well, leave it up to me to screw it all up! The one day I'm responsible for the salads and I can't get my picture of it and I have no idea how much it cost. But it was 5 something dollars. In any case, today we had the Southwest Salad with grilled chicken from Mickey D's. And I really liked this salad. It had yummy little tortilla strips, grilled chicken chunks that were much better than Pazzini's chicken gum. There were little pieces of corn and beans, cheese...it was very good. There was a lot of it too, I felt like I was eating and eating and eating. The salad weighs in at 320 calories (not sure if that includes the quite tasty southwest salad dressing), which is pretty good considering I bought us two 300 calorie cheeseburgers just in case. All in all, I liked the Southwest Salad. I'll give it a B+.

John: Great! I love "exotic" salads. The way they take the unique flavors of far away lands and recreate them for me to enjoy at the overpass oasis of my choice. I had to slam it a little to still feel like a gourmet. Crisp fresh ingredients (all real feeling and tasting) with a decent southwestern Newman's Own dressing for like 5 bucks. If you put this in a different to-go box you'd never know it was made by a world crushing corporate clown. Really. It was a huge portion on top of it all. Johnny likes. Extra half point for the REAL LIME to squeeze on top. I'll bet the fried version is just that little bit tastier AND that little bit worse for me. A-.

No comments: